The Energy Company Obligation ( ECO ) is a government program set up in 2013 to make houses more energy efficient by installing various energy saving measures.
The main energy suppliers including British Gas, EDF, Eon, Npower and SSE have an obligation to pay for these measures in householders who fall under the “ affordable warmth” bracket by receiving certain qualifying benefits.
The benefits criteria from October 2018 has now been opened up to capture a lot more people who need help.
The benefits include
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Support
- Income Related Employment & Support Allowance
- Working Tax Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Disability Living Allowance
- Personal Independence Payment
- Attendance Allowance
- Carer's Allowance
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
Popular measures on the ECO scheme include
- Boiler replacement ( Gas, Oil, LPG )
- Loft insulation
- Cavity Wall Insulation
- First Time Central Heating
- Electric Storage heater replacement
- Underfloor insulation
- Internal wall insulation
- External Wall insulation
- Room In roof Insulation
Our friendly and professional team can advise whether you qualify for the scheme and what measures would be most suitable for your property.